Our kitchen is finally functional again and we have been having a lot of fun playing with uncooking. It has been a revelation how simple and and satisfying food can be when you let it be itself. I made up this breakfast one day and it has become our staple. I love the process of starting a meal the night before and letting everything come alive naturally. I hope you enjoy this.
- 1 1/2 cups raw hulled buckwheat
- 1/2 raw almonds
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 almond milk
- (optional) maple syrup or agave nectar to taste
- Soak the buckwheat, almonds, dates and cranberries in water overnight
- In the morning drain the water and add the vanilla, cinnamon and almond milk.
- Process in a food processor till smooth.
- Serve with fresh fruit and berries on top. (Erin likes mulberries and blueberries!)