Erin wanted to start baking bread with the little one every week, so I came up with this good everyday bread recipe. It's not a soft bread but works well for bread and butter with tea, or sandwiches. And the added flax gives it a little extra fiber and whole grain taste. I'm going to work on a soft bread next.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (we grind oats in a coffee grinder)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 tsp. xantham gum
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 egg
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbs. yeast
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix all wet ingredients except yeast.
- Add yeast (sprinkle on top of wet ingredients) and let sit until foamy, about five minutes.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Beat well for about five minutes.
- Put in warm place, covered with wet towel, for about an hour and a half.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan.
- Place in a cold oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake for about an hour and a half, till brown and crusty.
- Let cool on wire rack.