This is a dish we turn to when we're looking for a quick and yummy dinner. It's a light dish, jam packed with a smorgasbord of delicious ingredients. Erin has been on a pasta kick lately, so we're trying to come up with many different ways to serve it. This is one of our favorites! It's a bit like traveling to France, eating out on a brick patio with a bottle of red wine and the smell of the vineyard filling the air. It's a mini vacation in a bowl!
A Taste of France Pasta
- 4-6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- two handfuls of fresh spinach
- handle of grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- kalamata olives sliced in half
- sheep feta
- fresh shrimp (we also use prosciutto if we don't feel like shrimp)
- 8 ounces of pesto
- fresh basil to garnish, chopped
- rice pasta (we love Tinkyada brand)
- About 10 minutes before pasta is done, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons (or more) of olive oil.
- Add shrimp and pesto and cook thoroughly. (If using prosciutto, don't add it until step 4.)
- Add spinach, cover pan and cook until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and olives and cook for one more minute until warmed.
- Drain pasta and place back in pot. Add the above cooked ingredients and stir.
- When you dish it out, add crumpled feta to dish and garnish with chopped fresh basil.